Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Interlocken Wild Flowers - An original 8x6 plein air landscape oil painting by George De Chiara

Interlocken Wild Flowers
8x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

I had looked at this location for a few days before I went and did this painting, so I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was going to paint when I headed out. I had planned on doing a close-up study of the wildflowers and not the grander view I wound up painting. I had a change of heart on my drive over when I noticed the wonderful clouds we had on this day. I'm a real sucker for a good sky and whenever I see one I want to include it in my paintings. I was also thinking about how the trees behind the flowers usually had a great pattern of light and shadow on them every time I went and looked at this scene. By the time I arrived I knew I was not going to do the painting I had intended and instead I'd do the view depicted in this painting. I found a nice little shady spot to set up in and got to work painting. 

PS - My posts have been a little sparse lately while I finish up the remodeling project on my new studio space and a few other rooms around the house. I can finally start to see some of the light at the end of that tunnel and hope to be posting at a more regular pace soon!

To see more of my work visit my website - http://georgedechiara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment