Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tin Roofs - An Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara



Tin Roofs

9x12 inches
Oil on Linen Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.


I'm always gathering reference images of scenes I might one day be interested in painting. Often years can go by without thinking about them. Then one day, I'll get the itch to paint something particular and rifle through my reference images until I find the "one". I can't recall the exact location of this scene any longer, but it's somewhere along the Illinois/Wisconsin border. I must have hundreds of these types of images from when I lived in the Midwest. I took the reference image for this painting at least 25 years ago. There's a date stamped on the back on the image (remember when they use to do when they developed them?), but it's mostly worn off. The only part I can read is it's from September, which seems rather appropriate, though that's not the reason I choose this image. I just loved how these building were sitting down in this little valley. The sun made such a strong pattern of light and dark on them, but what really attracted me to this scene was the background landscape. The patterns of the fields and trees were just too much to resist.

Visit me web page to see more of my work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment