Friday, August 20, 2010

Clementine's Tea Party - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Clementine's Tea Party
11x14 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

 A week after setting up this still life, I finally got around to making the final painting .  After examining the set up and making some adjustments over the week, I painted some smaller studies (see previous 3 posts). Since I had tried this same set up before and wiped it off, I knew where the trouble areas where going to be, namely the doll's head and some of the patterns in the material. I had a feeling if I could get the head to a pretty good point, the rest of the painting would fall into place for me.   Seeing no reason to put off the challenge, that's where I started. It was a little touch and go for a while, but I finally figured out how to paint this doll's head. Satisfied, from there I painted pretty much from right to left, top to bottom. What did I learn from this painting?  Well, painting patterns on fabric can be a real challenge and this still life I had a lot of those challenges. With a plaid background and all of the fabric patterns on the doll, I felt a bit overwhelmed at times and decided to try and keep the patterns fairly simple, using the details where I thought they would help and skipping them when I could.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.


No comments:

Post a Comment