Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 27 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Morning Shadows - by George De Chiara

Morning Shadows
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one penny!

This morning, I went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens to paint with a group of other painters. This was the first time I've painted there, so I spent part of my morning walking around looking at different locations to paint. There are a lot to choose from, but I finally settled on this view of the trellis that ran though part of the rose garden. I really liked the contrast in horizontal and vertical shapes and the light against the shadow. Since we where there early in the morning, I was able to paint without much interference from people walking through. As the day went on though, more and more people started walking through here and taking pictures. It seems to have been a pretty popular spot.

To read more about this painting visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment